Re: [Xen-devel] HVM firmware passthrough - helper library

On 03/21/2013 03:42 PM, Art Napor wrote:
Ross,

I rebuilt Xen 4.2.1 with the V5 patch series and the updated helper
library. The biospt utility built cleanly and runs on Dom0 with the
aformentioned libraries in place. However, I'm not seeing the SMBIOS
strings passed through to the DomU (A Centos 5 VM). Options 1 and 3
using the biostpt utility appear to dump the SMBIOS and ACPI tables, but
I'm not sure how to pass the tables in to the VM?

Look at the related commits to libxl. After the firmware chunks are given to libxc to load into the new domain, the addresses are returned to libxl which writes them to xenstore.

[root@localhost biospt]# ./biospt
Usage:
$ biospt <n>
1 - Write some SMBIOS tables using MMAP
2 - Write some SMBIOS tables using SYSFS
3 - Write some ACPI tables using MMAP
4 - Write some ACPI using SYSFS
5 - Read and trace DMI files
6 - Write out some test files

./biospt 6
Make SMBIOS file from FW.
Fail(1), errno: 2

This is a rather rough test app for using the library. You should look closely at the code in it and figure out what it is doing. It does not have very robust error handling etc.

Thanks
Ross

-
Art