Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update, 18 March

On lun, 2013-03-18 at 12:13 +0000, George Dunlap wrote:
> This information will be mirrored on the Xen 4.3 Roadmap wiki page:
>  http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Roadmap/4.3
>
> [...]
>
> == Not yet complete ==
>
> * NUMA scheduler affinity
>   critical
>   owner: dario@citrix
>   status: Patches posted
>   prognosis: Excellent

This is mostly done. Last round received all the needed Ack-s, with only
some minor comments. I'll respin the series incorporating them ASAP, so
that it can finally get in.

We agreed on trying doing a small performance optimization before the
release... I'll see if I can get away with it quickly enough, after the
original series is checked in.

> * NUMA Memory migration
>   owner: dario@citrix
>   status: in progress
>   prognosis: Fair

I'm not so sure about this anymore, I'm afraid. I'd have hoped to be in
a better spot wrt to this feature at this point but, unfortunately, I'm
still having issues with it.

I worked hard on it and am continuing doing so, and I will probably get
to release something during the rest of this week, or during the next
one. However, I'm not sure it would be wise to throw it in at this
stage... Perhaps we can make it a tech. preview?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to keep trying, just giving an heads up
(which I probably should have done before, but, apparently, I'm still
really bad at predicting how long it will take me to find and fix
bugs! :-P)

Regards,
Dario