Re: [Xen-devel] GPU passthrough issue when VM is configured with 4G memory

Le 17.03.2013 18:32, Pasi KÃrkkÃinen a ÃcritÂ:
On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:41:01AM +0100, youenn.gestin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello,

What can of bug we can encounter by hardcoding the
HVM_BELOW_4G_RAM_END to e0000000 ?

By doing this I'm able to boot on Win7 with gpu passthrough of an
nvidia 560TI an 12Go of ram.

Regards and thanks for all your work !

Some questions about your Nvidia GPU passthrough setup:

- What version of Xen are you using?
- Are you using any additional patches for Nvidia GPU passthrough?

Thanks,

-- Pasi

Hello Pasi,

I'm using xen 4.2.0

You can find the patchs i used here whose mostly came from David Techer's blog : http://www.grim-is-a-geek.fr/xen-gfx-passthrough-patchs.bz2 And information about my xen Dom_0/Dom_U config here : http://grim-is-a-geek.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52:xen-configuration-for-win7-and-nvidia-gpu-passthrough&catid=35:linux&Itemid=77

Regards,
Youenn.