Re: [Xen-devel] Linux 3.4 dom0 kernel error loading xen-acpi-processor: Input/output error

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 07:02:42PM +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 09:06:59AM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > > On my box, I took the SSDT but it did not give any insight, except that
> > > the _PDC and _OSC end up calling in the  \_PR.OSC method pasted above:
> > >
> > >     Scope (\_PR)
> > >
> > >     {
> > >
> > >         Processor (P000, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06)
> > >
> > >         {
> > > .. snip..
> > >             Method (_OSC, 4, NotSerialized)
> > >
> > >             {
> > >
> > >                 Return (\_PR.OSC)
> > >
> > >                 Arg0
> > >
> > >                 Arg1
> > >
> > >                 Arg2
> > >
> > >                 Arg3
> > >
> > >             }
> > >
> > >         }
> > >

> > >     }
> > >
> > > It looks like the magic incantations are in:
> > >
> > >         OperationRegion (CSDT, SystemMemory, 0xBAE0BE18, 0x0084)
> > >
> > > so physical address 0xBAE0BE18. The machine is offline so it will have
> > > to wait until I can get the contents of that physical address.
> >

> > And if I dug deep enough and looked in: /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic/
> > I would have found SSDT2 and SSDT3 and SSDT2 sure enough has:
> >
> >   Scope (\_PR.P000)
> >     {
> >         Name (_PCT, Package (0x02)
> >         {
> >
> > . .. snip..
> >
> > and also the _PSS, _PPC, etc.
> >

> Hmm, on the R510 server where xen-acpi-processor doesn't work
> /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic/ is empty..

Pfff.. And 'cpuinfo' or 'cpufreq-info' when you boot baremetal gives
you different P-states?

If so, is the DSDT different that when running under Xen? And
lasty, does it create any SSDT in the dynamic directory?