[Xen-devel] Please CC MAINTAINERS on patches by default.

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 13:38:53 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 13:39:21 +0000

On Tue, 2013-03-12 at 17:00 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> I think it might be time to start asking patch submitters to CC the
> maintainers of the code they are touching, based on the MAINTAINERS
> file.

Based on the discussion which followed I think we now have a rough
consensus that we want to do this.

So we can now *gently* encourage submitters to add CCs based on the
contents of the MAINTAINERS file when replying to patches etc.

I have updated the guide at
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches
with some the request to do this and information on how to achieve it
with hg email.

I went to do it for git too
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches_with_Git
but it seems it already recommends CCing the maintainer! I tightened up
the wording to make it more than a suggestion and to keep it inline with
the hg wording.

I'm not sure if there is anywhere else to update. Let me know if you
think of somewhere (or fix it yourself!)