[Xen-devel] DomU trying to write on an IO Port

Hi,

I am running xen-hypervisor over qemu. Now while running domU I want to write on an IO port, which I'll be handling inside Qemu. Basically, this is a communication mechanism for me to communicate with qemu. I am writing on port number '0x378' as a root user using "outl" function. But when I run this code in domU, it does not reach qemu.

So my question is: Is there  some mechanism in xen which handles writing on IO ports and in case its not a valid IO Port then just discards the write.

--
Regards,
Nitin Gupta