Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.1 boot failure with IOMMU enabled

On 02/15/2013 03:21 AM, Jan Beulich wrote:

But I don't think we can easily deal with the single IOMMU
case, making that IOMMU cover all devices, as we would
still need to figure out the requestor ID for each device. That
requires looking at the PCI bus topology iiuc, and while we
have the necessary logic for VT-d, it seems not really strait
forward (mainly because risky) to make use of this in the AMD Vi
code too.

Scanning PCI for devices would effectively mean that we are ignoring IVHD (device portion of IVRS). That would be somewhat unfortunate (but maybe unavoidable, given the state of BIOSes).

-boris