Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 cherry-pick proposal

>>> On 15.02.13 at 16:07, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andrew Cooper writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 cherry-pick proposal"):
>> Rev 26374 is also a possibility, but as it is not strictly a fix, it is
>> rather less important.
>
> I'm not sure whether it's a good idea to take this.  Personally I
> would be inclined to do so, because it will make any future patches
> here easier if they don't divert, but I would like to ask the Jan's
> opinion as the stable maintainer.

If the "no functional change" is true (which it looks like it is), then
I don't mind this being put in if it helps going forward.

That said, the change looks questionable in one aspect: PCI
terminology uses "device" and "slot" interchangeably, and hence
it was pointless to do that part of the renaming.

Jan