Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.1 boot failure with IOMMU enabled

2013/2/12 Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>:
>> On 12.02.13 at 07:26, povder <povder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Here is the output with iommu=debug: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=1wwLw82c
>
> There's no boot failure in that log, so please clarify what this was
> generated from.

I don't know if I understood you well but for me this log contains a
boot failure.
Maybe I misunderstand the term "boot failure" but for me (non-native
english speaker)
when a machine cannot start I understand it as a "boot failure".
This log is a full serial output of start process of my machine
which ends up with a failure so in my opinion it contains a boot
failure - correct me
if I'm wrong.

> Also, sadly, the debug output isn't really helpful, which is why
> the patch that supposedly fixes your boot problem also adjusts
> what gets printed here (for the unlikely case that your problem
> persists with that patch:
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-02/msg00408.html).

So to ensure myself: I should apply a path from
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-02/msg00408.html
and that should resolve my problem? Or maybe is there is a planned release
of next Xen version that will already contain this patch? If a release
is planned
to be in near future I would prefer to wait for it rather than apply the patch
myself and compile Xen from sources.