Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.0: unable to add disk devices

This seems like a -users question to me, please try and pick the
appropriate list for your questions. I've moved this there.

On Mon, 2013-02-11 at 14:53 +0000, Fabiano Francesconi wrote:
> Is there a way to reload all the stuff I've removed?

Rebooting is the most obvious way to reset to a known good state
quickly.

You could also try restarting the "xencommons" service.

However the only thing which should be in xenstore at start of day is
the domain 0 name, the rest should be created on the fly as needed, and
what you have now looks a lot like a fresh system to me, so I'm not
quite sure what is causing your issue.

I'm not 100% sure but perhaps this has also broken the backend driver's
watches on the xenstore. But I thought they were path based, rather than
based on the specific node, and so shouldn't be affected but perhaps I
am mistaken. Anyway, you could try rmmod and modprobe all of the Xen
related modules in your kernel (assuming they are mostly modular).