Re: [Xen-devel] How can I run 3.x dom0 w/o PAE? (Resend w/o format)

On Tue, 2013-02-05 at 02:49 +0000, Mao, Junjie wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> I'm now working in a Xen-based project where some drivers in the Dom0
> kernel (based on Linux 3.0) refuse to work with PAE. Do you know if it
> is possible to run 3.x kernel as non-PAE dom0 on Xen (any version is
> ok)? If so, how can I make it work? Many thanks in advance!

Modern hypervisors support only 32-bit PAE PV and 64-bit PV guests
(along with HVM guests in any mode). dom0 must be a PV guest and
therefore must be either PAE or 64-bit. I'm afraid there is no option
for a plain 32-bit PV guest.

I suggest that you either fix your drivers (which are clearly very
broken if they care about PAE vs non) or switch to a 64-bit dom0.