[Xen-devel] coverage license information

Hi,
  I'd like to add coverage support to Xen.

I imported some headers from Linux kernel which mainly came from
gcov-io.h and the structures used internally by GCC.

Our problem is currently about the license. In gcov-io.h is stated that
license is mainly GPL2 which the exception that linking the "library"
with other files does not cause these files to be GPL2. Now however I'm
not linking to any library but just using the structure declaration
inside the header to produce a blob that is currently converted into GCC
files by an external utility (Xen has not file system so we extract
coverage information).

It's not a problem to use these headers/structure from Xen (which is
GPL2) but we'd like to have these defines in our public include headers.
The license however of these headers is quite open and allow to be used
for instance in commercial programs. How the license would affect these
programs?

Another question we have is the stability of these structures. Can we
just check the version field of gcov_info to make sure that the internal
structure is not changed or is it expected that even this field would
change (for instance position or size inside the structure) ?

Regards,
  Frediano