Re: [Xen-devel] 4.3 Planning: Taking stock

On 23/01/13 17:05, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 04:32:05PM +0000, George Dunlap wrote:
We're 4 months into our estimated 9-months release schedule, and 2 months
away from the scheduled feature freeze.  It seems like a good time to take
stock of where we are and make sure we're on track for the release.

Below are the features on my list, sorted by how likely they are to be
completed.  Overall, the set of {completed, on-track} features looks pretty
good.

The first question to ask is this this:

1. Are there any features we absolutely need for 4.3 that are not on this
list?
PVH .. at least the hypercall number/format needs to be set in stone.

PVH is right at the top of the "features on track" section. :-) The purpose of this question is to ask everyone to think about anything *else* we we really need, so we don't end up with a 6-month feature freeze again.

I think everyone agrees that PVH is a blocker. At the moment it doesn't look like it needs any intervention; there's no particular need to talk about interventions until something comes up.

 -George