Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable, winxp32 very poor performance on AMD FX-8150, I bisected and changeset is 24770:7f79475d3de7

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Andres Lagar-Cavilla <andreslc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I unfortunately don't have AMD hardware to test with. On our regular win7 EPT-based workloads we've seen no noticeable degradations.

The answer to this one obviously lies in profiling the right sw/hw combo.

It seems like given the nature of the work you're doing, having at least a couple of AMD boxes to test on would make sense.  It would be a shame for your company to lose a big deal because (for example) a potential customer had just bought 100's of AMD boxes, and your extensions just had terrible performance on their already-paid-for-and-installed hardware.

I've got a box here that exhibits the behavior (or something like it anyway), but I probably wouldn't have a chance to look at it until the end of February at the earliest.

 -George