Re: [Xen-devel] confusion on ept mechanism

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:39 AM, <yang.bin18@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        I still have some doubt when analying XEN paging mechanism of EPT.
When run into ept_handle_violation,how to find the HPA relevant to the GPA
not mapped in EPT table yet,from m2p table?

I presume you mean the p2m table?  (m2p would map HPA->GPA, not GPA->HPA).

The answer is, when using ept, the ept table *is* the p2m table.  So there's no such thing as a GPA->HPA mapping that is in the p2m table but not in the ept tables.

 -George