Re: [Xen-devel] Need help to debug win7 BSOD on IGD passthrough

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013, G.R. wrote:
> >> 3. Vendor cap fix.
> >
> > I went back to the original thread and it looks like I had some simple
> > comments but Jean never addressed them.
> > If you cared to address the comment and resent the patches to the list,
> > then they would have a chance of being applied.
> >
> Could you remind me the comments you just mentioned?
> The mail archive is kind of messy and I can't easily go through them.

Sure, here they are:
http://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=132810779729833
http://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=132810811429932

> >> Jean && Ross's patch about one year ago, lost in
> >> the devel list.
> >
> > Are you still talking about:
> >
> > http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-01/msg02755.html
> > http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-01/msg02754.html
> >

> This one is about the chip reset, not the vendor cap.
> The vendor cap fix is here:
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-01/msg01129.html
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-01/msg01128.html
> So are you actually talking about the reset fix when you referred to
> your comment above?

Yes, sorry for the confusion.

Regarding these two, the first one has already my ack, so it should be
applied as far as I am concerned.

The second one introduces a new function, igd_pci_read_vendor_cap, that
returns 0 or -1 but return type is actually uint32_t. That needs to be
fixed. Aside from that I think it is OK.