Re: [Xen-devel] Update Seabios on xen-unstable

On Thu, 2012-12-20 at 12:34 +0000, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> I saw good news about qemu-xen on xen-unstable updates to latest stable
> version (1.3), I already start test it and report bugs found.
> I saw no seabios updates for now on xen-unstable, there is 1.7.1
> upstream version since few months that include all vgabios.
> Is possible to update seabios on xen-unstable please?
> I have tried it time ago for probably resolution of qxl vga problem
> without result.
> It probably needs some particular settings or modification for correct
> integration in xen about vgabios that I not know of.
> Thanks for any reply.

This is on my todo list, however it is made a bit tricky because SeaBIOS
is quite picky about the compiler which is used (specifically the newest
SeaBIOS won't build on a Debian Stable system, which affects both me and
the Xen.org test system)

The solution will probably be to ship a binary and only rebuild when
explicitly asked to. I haven't quite got round to it yet though.