Re: [Xen-devel] Performance analysis of transport protocol(TCP) using XEN during live migration

On 27/12/12 14:55, digvijay chauhan wrote:
Hello,
I want to perform the analysis of transport protocol using XEN during Live migration and compare it with the same with KVM, then what can I do to achieve it. And what type of analysis can I do with this.

regards,
Digvijay
Do you mean "measure the downtime" or some other form of analysis.

I have used "ping -i 0.1 -c 100 -n ${address} > ping.txt", and then check how many pings went missing to analyse the downtime. I would suggest that you run ping on a separate machine, as in my experience, at least for localhost migration, the dom0 cpu-load is such that ping doesn't necessarily get to run when it wants/needs to.

If you had some other analysis in mind, do explain further, and I'm sure someone can come up with a good suggestion.

--
Mats