Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 and PCI hotplug.

On 19/12/2012 09:14, Zhang, Xiantao wrote:
> [...]

My current understanding is that on boot, Xen scans the PCI bus, then
dom0 rescans it later.  If a hotplug event gets serviced by dom0, does
there not need to be some hypercall informing Xen that a new device has
appeared?  I expect PCIPassthrough would not work correctly on a
hotplugged device which Xen is unaware of.

(But if I have got the wrong end of the stick, or this mechanism already
exist, please ignore me.  It just strikes me as a little xen-specific,
even if the bulk of it is native)

~Andrew