Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] 1000 Domains: Not able to access Domu via xm console from Dom0

On Thu, 2012-12-13 at 15:28 +0000, Paul Harvey wrote:

> ./lsevntchn 1000
>    1: VCPU 0: Interdomain (Connected) - Remote Domain 0, Port 72
>    2: VCPU 0: Interdomain (Connected) - Remote Domain 0, Port 73

When I mentioned evtchn limitations I meant in dom0, IOW the other end
of all these. At two evtchns per-minios domain you'd expect to hit
issues around 512 domains on a 32 bit domain 0

> I have changed the configuration file /etc/security/limits.config and
>  rebooted the machines and assumed that this would have applied the
> new limits to the deamons, but you were right and

I don't have this file on Debian, so I guess it is particular to
whichever distro you use -- perhaps there is an dependency issue between
the xencommons initscript and whatever initscript applies the settings
from /etc/security/limits.config?

> I killed all the domains and restarted the xenconsoled. This applies
> the new limits:

Great!

> BUT:
>

> There is now a buffer overflow happening somewhere which is crashing
> the deamon when creating the 340th domain,

Not Great! :-/

I've added xen-devel@.

> as shown by strace:

Unfortunately strace doesn't give the sort of information needed to
diagnose this. Can you run the daemon under gdb? When it crashes you can
type "bt" to get a backtrace. If there are debuginfo packages available
in your distro installing the ones for the Xen packages would improve
the output of this too.

If you could figure out where (if anywhere) the daemons stderr (AKA fd
2) was going then that would be useful too. It may be enough to run it
in the foreground.