Re: [Xen-devel] frame table setup for memory hotplug

>>> On 10.12.12 at 14:32, "Jiang, Yunhong" <yunhong.jiang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> IIRC, the reason we do this is because in memory hotplug situation, there
> will be a very big hole between the address of the memory populated before
> hot-plug and the memory populated by hot-added memory. (i.e. the added memory
> started at very high-end address). So instead of setup the frame table for
> the
> whole address space, we expand the frame table dynamically after hotplug.
>
> We have the memory hotplug environment, so if you have any patch, I'm glad
> to test it, or have my colleagues help to test it.

I meanwhile decided to keep the code logically the same, but
testing the patch at
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-12/msg00793.html
(or the staging/normal trees once it went in/got pushed) would still be
much appreciated.

Thanks, Jan