Re: [Xen-devel] pvops microcode support for AMD FAM >= 15

On 12/05/2012 12:05 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:

I looked at trying to apply the same logic to the Xen side of things but
it is different enough that I can't immediately see how.
microcode_fits() would seem to be the place to do it, but I'm not at all
sure what this equiv table stuff is all about.

Because more than one processor revision may require the same patch we group processors into "equivalence classes". The mapping is stored in the patch file header.

The Equivalent Processor ID is verified by HW when the patch is being loaded.

-boris