Re: [Xen-devel] Custom block script started twice for root block but only stopped once

On 04/12/12 16:23, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> Actually I managed to trace it a bit further but here I'm kind of
> stuck due to my lack of knowledge of "how it should work".
>
> Basically it does try to destruct the device and the hotplug script
> '/etc/xen/scripts/block' is called with the command remove and the
> right device path. However by the time it's called, the corresponding
> subtree in the xenstore has been wiped it seems and so the hotplug
> script fails, not knowing what to do ... and it does nothing.
>
> So whoever triggers the hotplug remove action should leave the xen
> store tree in place until the hotplug script has run.

This is one of the reasons we no longer launch hotplug scripts from udev
in xl, it is difficult to synchronize the process, and this kind of
races can happen easily, I guess the same can happen in xend. I think
the best way to fix this would be to switch to Xen 4.2 and the xl toolstack.