Re: [Xen-devel] Mem_event API and MEM_EVENT_REASON_SINGLESTEP

At 22:09 +0200 on 30 Nov (1354313363), Razvan Cojocaru wrote:
> > After you set single stepping on for a VCPU and resume, you should see
> > a single step mem_event soon after. What is the behavior that you are
> > observing? Are you trying this on an UP or SMP guest?
>
> I do see single step mem_events after. I've tried it on a SMP HVM
> Slackware guest. What behaviour am I observing? The gla and gfn values
> are being printed out - but I don't know how to detect a write operation
> based on them.

What more do you want to know?  The gla tells you what the address is
that's being written to.  If you want the rest of the register state &c,
then have a look at either tools/debugger/gdbsx (a full debugger stub
for guests; its maintainer is Mukesh Rathor <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx>)
or tools/xentrace/xenctx.c (which has some code to print registers, read
memory addresses, &c)

Cheers,

Tim.