Re: [Xen-devel] pvops microcode support for AMD FAM >= 15

On 11/26/2012 09:58 AM, Boris Ostrovsky wrote:

On 11/26/2012 09:13 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Mon, 2012-11-26 at 13:44 +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:

The only other thing to check for is that you don't have any
artificial size restriction left in that code (I think patch files early
on were limited to 4k in size, and that got lifted during the last
couple of years).

I can't find one by inspection, it uses the standard request_firmware
interface and stashes the result in a valloc'd buffer, neither of which
suffer from any 4K related limitations AFAIK.

I'll try and track something more recent down to test but the worst
downside of applying this patch seems to be that something which doesn't
work still doesn't work.

I submitted a fix for fam 16h to Linux right before the Thanksgiving
break in US and was planning to look at Xen as well. Give me a day or
two to test it.

It works fine, no issues with size (which is different from other families).

-boris