[Xen-devel] blktap3 as a block device?

So currently blktap2 can be used outside of Xen, but I don't think many people do that.  I have a use case now where I must support KVM (I currently run only Xen servers) and found the disk snapshotting to be not as nice as what I can do with vhd's in blktap2 (and a half).  So I was thinking of actually trying to just run blktap for the storage.  So I'm pretty pleased with that solution and functionally it works just fine.

The problem now is blktap3.  So is there going to be any way to use blktap3 outside of Xen?  If blktap3 is the future I probably won't continue with my blktap/kvm solution.

Thanks,
Darren