Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.2-testing test] 14398: trouble: broken/fail/pass

Jan Beulich writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.2-testing test] 14398: trouble:
broken/fail/pass"):
> On 15.11.12 at 13:04, xen.org <ian.jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > including tests which could not be run:
> >  test-amd64-i386-pair         4 host-install/dst_host(4) broken REGR. vs.
> > 14393
>
> Is that a random failure, or infrastructure related? "Autopartitioning
> using LVM failed because an error occurred while creating the volume
> group" doesn't sound like something under our control...

In general if the test is reported as "broken" that means it's an
infrastructure failure.

I looked at the log and in this case I think it's because the previous
state of the disk, as left by the previous use of this test machine,
was weird in a way that triggers a bug in debian-installer and
prevents the first and second attempts to wipe the disk and reinstall
- but not the third.