Re: [Xen-devel] question about xenstore-chmod MAX_PERMS

Dropping users list, please don't cross post.
On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 08:35 +0000, Chunyan Liu wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I'm trying to issue:
> "xenstore-chmod PATH r0 r1 r2 r3 r4 r5 r6 r7 r8 r9 r10 r11 r12 r13 r14
> r15 r16 r17 r18"
> it failed at error report "Too many permissions specified.  Maximum
> per invocation is 16."
>
> I changed MAX_PERMS to 18 for testing, it turns to be OK to run above
> command.
> I don't know why there is "MAX_PERMS=16" limitation and couldn't find
> useful info about that. Does anyone know that?

It seems like an obvious case of an arbitrary constant to me.

Do you actually have a practical requirement to be able to set > 16
perms via the command line tool?

I can't see anything obvious in the underlying library which would
prevent it handling essentially arbitrary length lists of perms. If you
want to change the client to increase the number supported I think you
should make it likewise handle arbitrary numbers rather than just
increasing MAX_PERMS.