Re: [Xen-devel] Dom0 physical networking/swiotlb/something issue in 3.7-rc1

>>> On 12.10.12 at 12:28, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The following patch causes fairly large packet loss when transmitting
> from dom0 to the physical network, at least with my tg3 hardware, but I
> assume it can impact anything which uses this interface.
>
> I suspect that the issue is that the compound pages allocated in this
> way are not backed by contiguous mfns and so things fall apart when the
> driver tries to do DMA.

Has this seen any sort of resolution yet? Despite having forced
NETDEV_FRAG_PAGE_MAX_ORDER to zero for Xen (following
your suggested patch, Ian), and with a different NIC (e1000e
driven) I'm seeing similar packet loss/corruption on transmits,
and only if running a debug hypervisor (in a non-debug one,
MFNs are largely contiguous, so this issue should be observable
there only very rarely).

Jan