Re: [Xen-devel] Virtual Networking

On 8 November 2012 07:49, Ben Eyres <bmeyres@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is probably quite a vague and simple question but here goes...Can
> anyone tell me where in the Xen-4.2.0 source files i can find source code
> for the virtual switching (Vif/Pif')? This is the first time i have worked
> with the Xen source code so struggling to work my way around the system.

The virtual switching is not done by Xen but rather by the Linux
bridge module or Open vSwitch etc.
If you are interested in how virtual adapters are created and packets
transfered from domU to domO I suggest looking at the Linux source
tree in drivers/net/ for netback/netfront.

> Thanks very much!!
> Ben

CTO | Orion Virtualisation Solutions | www.orionvm.com.au
Phone: 1300 56 99 52 | Mobile: 0428 754 846