Re: [Xen-devel] Proposed new "memory capacity claim" hypercall/feature

>>> On 05.11.12 at 23:33, Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For address-width limits, I suspect we are talking mostly or
> entirely about DMA in 32-bit PV domains?  And/or PCI-passthrough?
> I'll look into it further, but if those are the principal cases,
> I'd have no problem documenting that the claim hypercall doesn't
> handle them and attempts to build such a domain might still
> fail slowly.  At least unless/until someone decided to add
> any necessary special corner cases to the claim hypercall.

DMA (also for 64-bit PV) is one aspect, and the fundamental
address restriction of 32-bit guests is the perhaps more
important one (for they can't access the full M2P map, and
hence can't ever be handed pages not covered by the
portion they have access to).

Jan