Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: [Xen-users] XEN 4.2 - DomU Restore after Dom0 reboot not working

Adding xen-devel.

On Sun, 2012-10-21 at 22:43 +0100, Maik Brauer wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>

> may you want to check the Line 258 in the xendomains init script.
> It quits with "Restoring Xen domains:/etc/init.d/xendomains: line 258:
> [: too many arguments"
>

> The current line is: if [ $HEADER = "LinuxGuestRecord" ]; then
> I put the $HEADER in brackets like: "$HEADER" and I modified it with
> the header what XL-Toolkit is using: "Xen saved domain"
> So basically the new line 258 looks like this: if [ "$HEADER" =
> "LinuxGuestRecord" ] || [ "$HEADER" = "Xen saved domain" ]; then

I guess "LinuxGuestRecord" is a xend-ism (its very badly chosen, there
is nothing at all specific to Linux there) while xl uses "Xen saved
domain, xl format\n \0 \r".

We could expand the check, but we would probably want to correlate the
header we look for against the toolstack which is being used (since
restoring on the other one wont work). The original check came from
15448:356bd2f3b9d8,
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2007-06/msg01011.html and
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2007-07/msg00061.html

We could also consider just removing it and try and restore any file we
find in $XENDOMAINS_SAVE i.e. rely on the toolstack's own error
handling.

Any thoughts?