Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Re: Xen 4 TSC problems

>>> I have the problem on this hardware type:
>>>
>>> Hp Proliant DL580 G5 with four Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7330  @ 2.40GHz.
>>> It seem that
>>> GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN="clocksource=pit cpuidle=0"
>>> put in in /etc/default/grup (I use linux debian)
>>> solves the problem for me.
>>
>> Did you check whether either or both options on their own also
>> make the problem go away?
>
> It seems that with debian squeeze on my HP Proliant Dl 580 G5 servers
> is sufficient to use
> GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN="cpuidle=0".
> Is from about 20 days that I have no clock jumps.
> Before I had a clock jump every week.
> Hope this is the final workaround for me.

So what's the contents of /proc/cpuinfo (any one CPU suffices)
under a native recent kernel on that system? The most likely
issue here is that we're mis-identifying the CPU as having an
always running APIC timer (ARAT)...

For a second, less intrusive try: Could you replace "cpuidle=0"
with "max_cstate=1" (assuming the former didn't meanwhile
turn out not to cure the problem)? If that works too (expected),
try "max_cstate=2" followed eventually by
"max_cstate=2 local_apic_timer_c2_ok".

Jan