Re: [Xen-devel] ask a question about ERST

On 2012-10-18 20:06, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 04:31:59PM +0800, Zhenzhong Duan wrote:
Hi maintainer,
I found below patch reverted part of erst header size check.
This lead to mismatch with kernel upstream code and erst disabled on
some machine like X4170 M3/X3-2.
According to the ACPI spec 4.0 and 5.0, the Serialization Header Length
should be the length of Serialization Header.
After revert below patch, xen succeed with erst table init.
So could this patch be reverted now to match acpi spec and kernel upstream?
There was a discussion about this on xen-devel. Search for Jan and ERST
and I believe the idea was that an AMD machine needs to be checked
to figure out what to do.
Well, I see. I'll wait for the final fix.
thanks all