Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to install Precise domU PV on xen 4.2.0

Il 03/10/2012 15:16, George Dunlap ha scritto:
On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Fabio Fantoni <fantonifabio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

/var/log/xen/bootloader.9.log
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/xen/bin/pygrub", line 20, in <module>
    import xen.lowlevel.xc
ImportError: No module named xen.lowlevel.xc
I haven't looked at the rest of this thread in detail; but this kind
of error is typically because of a bug with how debian's python
installer places binaries if it's given a "--prefix" argument.  But it
seems like if the bootloader was failing, it should have a different
set of error messages.

Can you try the attached patch to see if it changes anything?

 -George

-----
Nessun virus nel messaggio.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 2012.0.2221 / Database dei virus: 2441/5306 -  Data di rilascio: 02/10/2012
Before read this mail I found this:
I applied the patch from debian package:
tools-pygrub-remove-static-solaris-support
And now PV domUs start correctly with pygrub
I have seen that there are lot of patches on xen debian package, probably some of these are useful to apply in upstream, for example I see some bugfix and improvement on init scripts about xl, json, output of failed save/restore ecc...
What do you think about that?