Re: [Xen-devel] xlu_cfg_get_defbool error when trying to start domU

Hi,

Ah, I missed that one, thanks! Its working now when using --libdir configure option.

- Valtteri

2012/10/3 Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, 2012-10-03 at 10:16 +0100, Valtteri Kiviniemi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded from Xen 4.0.4 to Xen 4.2.0. When I'm trying to start
> domU using the new xl toolstack I get the following error message:
>
> Parsing config from /etc/xen/domu1.cfg
> xl: symbol lookup error: xl: undefined symbol: xlu_cfg_get_defbool

This (usually) means that your libraries are somehow out of sync.

Perhaps check /usr/lib and /usr/lib64 and the output of "ldd xl" and
make sure the libraries it is picking up are the 4.2 versions.

If you are picking up old versions from /usr/lib64 while the new
versions are in lib64 then perhaps you need to pass --libdir to
configure as described in http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_4.2_Release_Notes

Ian.