Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 13861: regressions - trouble: blocked/broken/fail/pass

Jan Beulich writes ("Re: [xen-unstable test] 13861: regressions - trouble:
blocked/broken/fail/pass"):
 On 25.09.12 at 10:44, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Jan, do you think it at all plausible that the cpuidle-related Xen bug
> > is somehow responsible ?  TBH it doesn't seem all that likely because
> > I've checked gall-mite and the CMOS is still fine, even though the
> > machine has experienced several of these crashes.
>
> No, I don't see how this ought to be connected.

Thanks for the reply.

> Given previous occasions, is it perhaps that early Xen crashes
> (maybe in connection with the way Xen reboots the system afterwards)
> cause this independent of the reason for the crash? Or is there any
> sort of boot cycle detection active on those systems?

These are interesting theories.  If there is any sort of boot cycle
detection I don't think it's not configurable in the CMOS, as I went
through all of that when I set the machines up.

Thanks.