Re: [Xen-devel] First DomU started goes into a busy loop

On 24/09/12 16:31, Anthony Wright wrote:
> On a  32 bit Xen 4.20 system with a 3.5.4 kernel around 40% of the time

I assume you mean 4.2.0?

> when the system starts up the first DomU to be started goes into a busy
> loop (always in state r----- which CPU constantly increasing) with no
> console output. If I destroy the DomU and restart it with identical
> settings, it starts correctly. I got the same happening with Xen 4.1
> with a 3.5.3 kernel, but tried upgrading to see if that fixed it, but it
> didn't.
>
> If I connect to the console there's no output, and I can't get find any
> useful information in the logs or xl dmesg. The DomU is running a 3.3.2
> 32 bit linux kernel.
>
> Can you give me any suggestions how I might diagnose what's going on ?

32bit builds of Xen have been removed from 4.3.  As far as I am aware,
there has been no serious effort to maintain them.  I highly suggest
using a 64bit Xen.

~Andrew

> thanks,
>
> Anthony

Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com