Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update

Hello George,

Am Donnerstag 20 September 2012 12:24:39 schrieb George Dunlap:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Philipp Hahn <hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 19 September 2012 18:58:02 George Dunlap wrote:
> >> * libvirt integration
> > Libvirt already has a comparison matrix at
> > <http://libvirt.org/hvsupport.html>. That file is actually generated from
> > by docs/hvsupport.pl by looking at the implemented functions.
>
> Ah, very interesting -- so "libxl" is the one we particularly care
> about.  "Xen" is presumably "xm"?  Would KVM fall under "qemu"?

Yes, that's all correct.
The current "Xen" implementation is a mixture of Xend + direct xenstore
accress + direct hypervisor access + inotify monitor on xm files.

> I guess the next step would be for someone to go through and identify
> user-level features that would be enabled by the various functions, so
> that we can figure out which functions are important to us.

Top on my wish list would be virDomainMigrate*, because migration is available
with the old Xend driver, but not with the newer libxl.
It would probably help alot, if first those things already available via the
old Xend would be added, since this would allow libvirt to deprecate the Xend
part there as well.

Sincerely
Philipp
--
Philipp Hahn           Open Source Software Engineer      hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Univention GmbH        be open.                       fon: +49 421 22 232- 0