Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Extend the number of event channels availabe to guests

On Thu, 2012-09-20 at 08:47 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> One aspect to also consider is migration - will the guest have to
> re-issue the extending hypercall, or will this be taken care of for
> it? If the former approach is chosen, would the guest be
> expected to deal with not being able to set up the extension
> again on the new host?

We only properly care about N->N and N->N+1 migrations, if we think that
we would never reduce the limit over a hypervisor version upgrade then
this would be fine, I think.

We do a similar thing with the grant table v2 stuff I think, i.e. panic
after migration if we can't setup the feature again.