Re: [Xen-devel] usbpassthrough of xen-4.1.2

More infomation:

I have tried the USB 2.0 Mass Storage by  by specifying "usb = 1" and "usbdevice = host:xxxx:yyyy"

But I can't use it in the guest OS(win7). It is listed in the device manager, and the driver is OK, but can't start.

I can only find the message  "The device cannot start(code 10)".

I am sorry I haven't tried the linux guest.

2012/9/20 Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:53 AM, Qian Hu <qianhu2011@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, everyone!
>
> I am working on the USB passthrough of Xen-4.1.2. My host OS  is Fedora 14
> and the guest OS is win7.
>
> According to the wiki page(http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_USB_Passthrough),
>
> xen supports passthrough of usb device from dom0 to guests. I have tried the
> Xen HVM guest qemu-dm usb1.1 emulation,
>
> by specifying "usb = 1" and "usbdevice = host:xxxx:yyyy". But, the mouse
> could work, the keyboard and usb storage failed.

You need to give more details. How did it not work? Did it work in Linux?

> If I change the guest OS to winXP, it is surprising that only the usb
> storage can be detected in the guest.
>
> I have also tried the PVUSB, it didn't work either.

Right, that is b/c it would only work with Linux.

> I am confused and don't know how to resolve it.  Could anyone help me?

Try first an Linux HVM guest and pass in. See what works and what does not.