Re: [Xen-devel] Start xen on UEFI system with grub

Il 11/09/2012 14:58, Jan Beulich ha scritto:
On 11.09.12 at 14:49, Fabio Fantoni <fantonifabio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have Wheezy 64 bit dom0 with kernel 3.2 from repository and xen 4.2
from source.
I want use UEFI without xen.efi
Why?

which fails on compiling xen.
How? All you would need is xen.gz for that purpose (but of course
that won't have any EFI specific bits in it).

Should I use "ucode" or something similar?
That's completely unrelated.

Is possible? If is possible what I must do?
Without you telling us precisely what doesn't work, we can hardly
answer that.

Jan

-----
Nessun virus nel messaggio.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 2012.0.2221 / Database dei virus: 2437/5261 -  Data di rilascio:
10/09/2012

We need do "multilevel" boot on Dell poweredge server working in all cases, booting lvm volume and fallback.
With bios is impossible, bugs cause problem in some case.
With efi I not see bugs on boot cases but efibootmgr is not working with grub2 and xen.gz and we can't specify lvm for "static" boot order also with different disks. xen.efi not compile when we build xen on Wheezy and probably is not possible boot with lvm volume, fallback options ecc... UEFI with grub2 seem the best option but with xen hypervisor seem not load efi variable.
Thanks for any help and sorry for bad english