Re: [Xen-devel] Test report of xen 4.2.0-rc4

On Mon, 2012-09-10 at 10:22 +0100, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> Il 07/09/2012 17:15, Ian Campbell ha scritto:
> > Thanks for testing.
> >
> > On Fri, 2012-09-07 at 13:44 +0100, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> >> - IMPORTANT - On restore network is up but not working, tried with W7
> >> pro 64 bit with gplpv last build (357) on qemu-xen-traditional
> > Our automated tests aren't seeing this, might it be a GPLPV issue? Can
> > you reproduce with e.g. PV Linux (or PVHVM Linux for that matter)?
> >
> >> - Cdrom hotswap is not working, tried with W7 pro 64 bit with gplpv last
> >> build (357) on qemu-xen-traditional
> >> xl -vvv cd-eject W7 hdb
> >> libxl: debug: libxl.c:2143:libxl_cdrom_insert: ao 0x1461980: create:
> >> how=(nil) callback=(nil) poller=0x14619e0
> >> Errore di segmentazione
> > This doesn't happen for me. Please can you run this one under gdb and
> > when it fails type "bt" to get a backtrace.
> >
> >> - Vnc is working but only with parameters not supplied as value to the
> >> vfb key, but with vfb key is not working
> > Whether or not that works is very much a function of exactly what the
> > rest of your guest config looks like (it depends on PV for HVM for one
> > thing).
> >
> > You've reported enough bugs now that I shouldn't need to remind you
> > about providing guest config files or link to
> > http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen again.
> >
> > Ian.
> >

> > -----
> > Nessun virus nel messaggio.
> > Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
> > Versione: 2012.0.2197 / Database dei virus: 2437/5254 -  Data di rilascio:
> > 07/09/2012
> >

> Thanks for reply, here the xl configuration file:
>
> -------------------------
> W7.cfg
> ------
> name='W7'
> builder="hvm"
> memory=2048
> vcpus=2
> vif=['bridge=xenbr0']
> #vfb=['vnc=1,vncunused=1,vnclisten="0.0.0.0",keymap=it']

I don't think it is expected that this line (even if uncommented) would
do anything for Windows unless you have a PV FB frontend driver, which
I'm fairly certain doesn't exist. So I think:
> Vnc is working but only with parameters not supplied as value to the
> vfb key, but with vfb key is not working

is entirely expected.

The vfb line is for use with PV guests which have a PVFB driver.

[...]
> -------------------------
>
> I don't know exactly how to use gdbsx,

You just need regular gdb not gdbsx.

Run it as eg.g.
        gdb --args xl cd-eject <aprams>

then when it crashes type "bt".

> Can you post me details and versions  of your system installation (dom0
> domU GPLPV) with which you have cd-eject and network on restore working,
> please?

I tested this with Linux HVM. I don't have any Windows domUs.

Does this work without GPLPV drivers? The CDROM device should be
emulated even if those are installed anyway.