Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.0-rc4 bugs with GigaByte H77M-D3H + Core i7 3770

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I'm sorry I didn't make myself clearer. That dmesg output is when booting
>> WITHOUT xen, that is, linux directly over the bare hardware. Under xen
>> those errors dissapear.
>>
>> The big issue I'm having running xen is that I can't use it since xen can't
>> get the cpu capabilities.
>
> What "cpu capabilities"? I just looked at your original mail again,
> and I cannot see what failure you're referring to (in fact, I'm not
> able to spot any failure in that log at all). And of course you didn't
> even attach a hypervisor log. What am I missing?

IÂm sorry for not including that log. IÂm still getting to know xen.

IÂm using virt-manager to create and manage the VMs. ItÂs within
virt-manager which xen complains it cannot get the cpu capabilities,
hence the VM canÂt boot. IÂll try to check the hypervisor logs.

All the other issues concern the Linux kernel not xen.

--
Javier Marcet <jmarcet@xxxxxxxxx>