Re: [Xen-devel] XEN 4.1.3 blktap2 patches.

On Aug 29,  8:54am, Ian Campbell wrote:
} Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] XEN 4.1.3 blktap2 patches.

Good morning, hope the weekend is going well for everyone.

> On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 13:25 +0100, Dr. Greg Wettstein wrote:
> > Good morning, hope the day is going well for everyone.
> >
> > The patches to fix the blktap2 issues which result in orphaned
> > tapdisk2 processes and the transitory deadlock on guest shutdown
> > didn't make it into the 4.1.3 release.  Updated patches to address
> > these problems are available at the following location:
> >
> >     ftp://ftp.enjellic.com/pub/xen/xen-4.1.3.blktap1.patch
> >     ftp://ftp.enjellic.com/pub/xen/xen-4.1.3.blktap2.patch
> >
> > The patches are designed to be applied in order and have been verified
> > to work against the 4.1.3 release.

> Please can you post these patches as emails with a changelog and a
> signed-off-by. You should also CC Ian Jackson since he is the one who
> does the tools backports.

.. [ material elided ] ...

> If nothing has changed since the previous posting it may be sufficient
> to reply to that previous postings with a "ping" message and CC Ian
> there.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

My target audience was primarily focused on other groups, like ours,
which are rolling their own XEN implementations and who needed blktap2
functionality.  I know I've spent tons of time trying to ferret out
the patches to get a solid implementation for our needs.  So I wanted
to get something which would get indexed so, hopefully, people would
find this when they need it.

Based on the number of downloads I see for the kernel patches and the
toolstack fixes there seems to be a sizable audience.... :-)

I shipped off the patches just before 4.1.3 was released and copied
Ian and Keir on them but I haven't seen them show up in the
xen-4.1-testing.hg Mercurial tree.  Ian/Keir do you want another round
of the patches?

> Ian.

Best wishes for a productive week.

Greg

}-- End of excerpt from Ian Campbell

As always,
Dr. G.W. Wettstein, Ph.D.   Enjellic Systems Development, LLC.
4206 N. 19th Ave.           Specializing in information infra-structure
Fargo, ND  58102            development.
PH: 701-281-1686
FAX: 701-281-3949           EMAIL: greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx