Re: [Xen-devel] kernel bootup slow issue on ovm3.1.1

ä 2012-08-13 17:29, Jan Beulich åé:
On 13.08.12 at 09:58, "zhenzhong.duan"<zhenzhong.duan@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
ä 2012-08-10 22:22, Jan Beulich åé:
Going back to your original mail, I wonder however why this
gets done at all. You said it got there via

mtrr_aps_init()
   \->   set_mtrr()
       \->   mtrr_work_handler()

yet this isn't done unconditionally - see the comment before
checking mtrr_aps_delayed_init. Can you find out where the
obviously necessary call(s) to set_mtrr_aps_delayed_init()
come(s) from?
At bootup stage, set_mtrr_aps_delayed_init is called by
native_smp_prepare_cpus.
mtrr_aps_delayed_init is always set to ture for intel processor in upstream
code.
Indeed, and that (in one form or another) has been done
virtually forever in Linux. I wonder why the problem wasn't
noticed (or looked into, if it was noticed) so far.

As it's going to be rather difficult to convince the Linux folks
to change their code (plus this wouldn't help with existing
kernels anyway), we'll need to find a way to improve this in
the hypervisor.
Hi Jan, Tim
Is this issue improvable from xen side?
thanks