Re: [Xen-devel] Can't see more than 3.5GB of RAM / UEFI / no e820 memory map detected

  • To: Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 22:37:11 +0100
  • Cc: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 21:37:43 +0000

On 28/08/2012 22:13, "Jonathan Tripathy" <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Keir Fraser wrote:

>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> I reversed the if block in setup.c and now my server can see the full
>>> 32GB of RAM. I haven't submitted a patch yet as we have run into another
>>> (possibly unrelated to xen) issue with this server build that we are
>>> working on. Once we complete our full testing, a patch will be submitted :)
>> In this case, I will re-make the patch myself and check it in. Since it is a
>> trivial one.
>>
>>    Thanks,
>>   Keir
> Thanks Keir
>
> Will this be backported to 4.1?

Erm. Yes, I think so. It's not really sane ever to be using e801-style
memory information on modern systems, so preferring Multiboot-e820 over
Xen-e801 makes a lot of sense imo. It'll be Jan who actually does the
backports from now on, however.

 -- Keir