Re: [Xen-devel] acpidump crashes on some machines

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:22:29AM +0100, David Vrabel wrote:
> On 23/08/12 11:14, Andre Przywara wrote:

> >> I think I found it. Can you try this pls [and if you can't find
> >> early_to_phys.. just use the __set_phys_to call]
> >
> > Yes, that works. At least after a quick test on my test box. Both the
> > test module and acpidump work as expected. If I replace the "<" in your
> > patch with the original "<=", I get the warning (and due to the
> > "continue" it also works).
>
> Note that the balloon driver could subsequently overwrite the p2m entry.

Hmm, I am not seeing how.. the region that is passed in is right up to
the PFN (I believe). And I did run with this patch over a couple of days
with ballooning up and down. But maybe I missed something?

Let me prep a patch that adds some more checks in the balloon driver
just in case we do hit this.