Re: [Xen-devel] PV USB Use Case for Xen 4.x

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_USB_Passthrough

> > Do you happen to know if this uses the PVUSB drivers or some other
> > mechanism? "lsmod" in both dom0 and domU should provide a clue if the
> > drivers are loaded.
> Looks like it:
>
> dom0
> mgaxen1:~ # lsmod | grep usb
> usbbk                  23503  0
> xenbus_be               3952  4 usbbk,netbk,blkbk,blktap
> usbhid                 50900  0
> hid                    83977  1 usbhid
> usbcore               221920  5 usbbk,usbhid,uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd
>
> domU
> mgaca:~ # lsmod | grep usb
> usbcore               220777  3 xen_hcd

So this looks like the PVUSB drivers (usbback/usbfront) from xen
unmodified_drivers
and/or from Suse's xenlinux forward-ported patches.

There's also a PVUSB port to pvops kernels, it's available in konrad's git tree.

> > Does this work for both PV and HVM guests or do you only use one or the
> > other?
> I only use PV guests.

PVUSB works for both PV and HVM guests.
And James Harper's GPLPV Windows drivers contain PVUSB frontend driver for
Windows.

-- Pasi