Re: [Xen-devel] Xen4.2 S3 regression?

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 4:11 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> First try collectively removing the three calls to
> evtchn_move_pirqs() in xen/common/schedule.c. If that helps,

Sadly, I tried this yesterday (against the tip) with no success.

I'm starting to question my bisecting results.

It is, of course easy to know that it failed - but since it doesn't
fail until sometime after the first, second, or third suspend/resume
cycle - it can be easy to misinterpret a failure that has not occurred
yet as a success.

I will retest this morning when I get to work with this changeset, and
its parent, to better verify my results.

I'll also try the  evtchn_move_pirqs() removal against the changeset
above, to see if my results differ than when I did the same test
against the tip.

> see whether any smaller set also does. From the result of this,
> I'll have to think further, perhaps handing you a debugging
> patch.

I'm happy to test any debug patch.
I will report results from the tests above later this morning.

Ben